Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Know-Thyself-Test

Example

Was sorta blog surfing yesterday when I found a post on a personality test titled ‘Advance Global Personality Test’ of which I’ve then apprehensively albeit excitingly decided to take a spin at it since, I’ve been cracking my head lately as to how best to descript myself for a post on self introduction for this blog of mine. And woila! I was wonderfully surprised at the results which came out to be about 80-90% correct, in my opinion that is.

Although there are some areas in the results which I don’t exactly agree with whole heartedly but overall, it does really reflect my personality quite well. However, I AM surprised at some of the somewhat-quite-true-findings though i.e. being fragile, frequently second guessing self, likes-to-fit-in etc… I mean, *frowns disbelievingly* I didn’t know myself to be a fragile or sensitive kinda person, flicker minded and a crowd-pleaser too??? Blah!!! – okay, I do have to admit that I do exhibit a certain degree of the said unsavory traits but, I’ve often thought of myself to be a level-headed and a fairly resilient person –held head high with dignity-

Taking this test was in a way a real eye opener to me. It makes me understands myself even more as it allows me to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully, I am able to take this opportunity to re-adjust myself accordingly to reflect a more desirable disposition in the future *smile* –in deep profound thoughts-

After all… life is really all about creating value of life wherein, achieving human revolution is the main component to a brighter future – Ahh… to be a better person.
This is the results generated for my test:
Traits Snapshots:
neat freak, organized, worrying, phobic, fears the unknown, irritable, pessimistic, emotionally sensitive, fears chaos, risk averse, fragile, unadventurous, depressed, frequently second guesses self, likes to fit in, does not like to stand out, perfectionist, hard working, does not like to be alone, clingy, dependent, practical, ordinary, cautious, takes precautions, good at saving money, suspicious, heart over mind, busy, altruistic


First of all, I am going to rebuke some of the traits I found to be not-so-true in my POV, that is –serious look-

My NEGATIVE point-of-views on the Traits Snapshots:
(see those words in Red and Italicized)

Neat freak: Must be kidding me. I can be a total mess if time does not agree with me. Duh? I AM human too remember.

Emotionally Sensitive: Nah! I refused to nod to this. Humph! –sulk-

Unadventurous: Yakah?? I can be very adventurous if I wanna be. Plghhhttt!! – I’ve always wanted to backpack and travel around the world alone (Now, how’s that for being adventurous huh?).

Likes to fit in: NO! Since when am I a labeled Crowd-Pleaser?? *mumbling incoherent abuse*

Does not like to be alone: This is absolutely WRONG!!! Oh so wrong… - The fact is that, I-So-Desperately-Loved-to-be-Freaking-ALONE!! Get it! And please take that as most of the time too –folding arms across body for emphasis- I really do enjoy my own lonely moments if you must know – not that I’ve got the luxury of it most of the time *sigh*. It’s in a way a romantic moment to me. After all I am a hermit remember? - Although only a semi-hermit.

Clingy: Huh? In what sense? *raised eyebrows questioningly* I am really baffled by this you know cos’ I personally abhorred anyone with this trait.


Next, comes my approval on some of the traits I found to be oh-so-very-true in my POV of course *smile*

My POSITIVE point-of-views on the Traits Snapshots:
(see those words in Blue and Bolded)

Organized: Most of the time - Yes. I am a true Virgoans wat.

Fears chaos: Yep! I do have utmost abhorrence towards conflicts – avoid at all cost. Might even shrink to a Yes-person just to appease the state of affairs. *sigh*

Depressed: In a sense, yeah... I am depressed most of the times but, I will survive - I mean, who’s not depressed nowadays when the cost of living is so harsh *frowns*.

Does not like to stand out: True, true, true – that’s the shy side of me acting up (reminder – I am a semi-recluse wat. What do you expect?)

Perfectionist: Aha! This proves that somehow the Star Sign Characteristic Analysis does have its basis - Me being a Virgo can’t escape this trait in whatever personality test taken *grins thoughtfully*

Hard working: This is yet another trait of a true Virgoans too cos’ we really can’t help it most of the but, to put in our best effort each time – Damn, there goes my vow to ‘Work-Smart and Not-Work-Hard’ *roll eyes*

Practical: U-huh! This I had to agree too – hates idle chit-chats on the phone *nods head agreeably*

Heart over mind: Does this mean I am rash? - I do tend to act first before my brain even has the time to digest the suggestions popped-up in my head :P

Altruistic: Happily agree to this *grinning eye-to-eye*


Summary of Test Result:
(as per generated online by the test page)

Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.
Extraversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Note: See all those words I've formated in purple and italicized? I derived from here that I do own a healthy mind after all, as moderation is a good sign in almost everything right? :P

No comments: